Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Brass


I was wearing a big chunky brass necklace in my last outfit post and said I had a story about them. Well here it is. So growing up I lived in a spectacular mud brick house on 40 acres, the scenery was amazing and most of the living space was glass and my parents decorated the homestead that I affectionately refer to as 'the Ranch' with stunning things from their travels, some of these stunning things were quite  a large brass collection. Now 2 years ago sadly my parents separated and sold the family home and so a lot of the fabulous collectables were up for grabs, I was given some glorious things that now make my own homestead look pretty and lived in. I was going through some of the boxes the other week and came across a box of these stunning brass buckles, they were originally designed to decorate horse saddles but were bought and used as wall decorations. So because I had so manny of these stunning things I decided to make them into necklaces and sell them here very soon. Now don't worry I still have a lot of the family jewels for my self but I just thought that these little gems looked too good on thick round leather hanging from the neck not to share.
Here are a couple of pics of some of the very cool brass bits and pieces decorating my palace at the moment:
Awesome brass horsey key holder
deer wall decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment